Electronic components distributors RS Components has launched an online “one-stop shop” to help building services professionals and facilities managers boost their energy efficiency and keep up with energy efficiency news and legislation.
The RS Energy RSource Centre, which went live today, features a variety of tools to help building professionals assess their efficiency needs and identify areas for improvement. They include:
- Virtual walkthrus to identify areas for improving building lighting and facility efficiency;
- A Light Energy Saver calculator that provides energy and cost savings figures for lighting improvements;
- An “Ask the Experts” form;
- An energy efficiency legislation timeline; and
- Information on products for lighting and lighting control, testing and measurement, heating, insulation, controlling and metering, information technology and renewable energy.
Other features include news, an events calendar, case studies and a “Lights Off” game.
“Energy efficiency is a serious challenge for the buildings services industry as it struggles to reduce cost and comply with complex and extensive legislation,” said Neil Harrison, marketing development manager at RS Components. “There is a lot of information out there, but finding the right resources and then making the right choices on how to deliver a compliant, energy-efficient building solution is a labour-intensive and often, under-researched inefficient process in itself. We’ve launched the Energy RSource centre to bring everything buildings services and FM professionals need to know under one roof to simplify their lives and help them make more informed energy decisions.”